A container logistics start-up company with users on five continents. The company has a BYOD policy, and employees and consultants work remotely from the USA, Brazil, South Africa, China, and India.
Client’s IT problems
- Receiving a barrage of phishing/malware emails; C-level executive email was hacked
- Overpaying for email hosting; purchased advanced email protection but did not have the expertise to set it up
- Having a BYOD policy, management wanted to make sure the employee computers are free of viruses and have the latest security updates
- Not using Microsoft Teams included with MS 365, instead, paying for 3rd party tool for web meetings
- Need a partner in IT that will help manage MS 365, toughen security and provide ongoing support thru the service desk
- We migrated emails from the GoDaddy tenant to MS Office 365 since it can quickly become limited for a growing business. Migrating all files to SharePoint and OneDrive helps the business save money while getting more storage space and better security.
- In total, PRO moved 25 mailboxes (including data) under two domains to SharePoint and OneDrive. We enabled two-factor authentication to provide another security layer and converted four emails to shared mailboxes to cut costs.
- Upgraded the MS 365 licenses to Business Premium and implemented Microsoft Defender for Office 365, which offers integrated threat protection for all Office 365 apps, including for emails, SharePoint, and One Drive files.
- Perform a security assessment for all users’ computers. Install business-grade antivirus software, perform a full system scan, and clean any infected files if found. Create a minimum configuration for both PCs and Macs, propose upgrades, and plan to standardize the configurations when funding is received.
LET’S TALK ABOUT HOW YOUR SMB CAN DO BETTER