Manufacturing company for precise industries (including hydraulics, aerospace, defense, automotive, and industrial) with over 40 employees near Chicago, IL, looking to open a new shop.
Client’s IT problems
- Frequent network disconnections due to the antiquated network infrastructure
- Difficulty managing all users in an expanding business
- Spotty Wi-Fi connection in the office causing interruptions in work
- No central, secure system to store files
- We set up a domain controller and a file server to easily manage users and to offer a centralized, secure location for their data. We worked closely with the ERP consultant to specify, build, and deploy on-site a custom Windows 2019 Server that will host the company’s new Global Shop ERP system.
- We migrated 11 email accounts from GoDaddy to Microsoft 365, lowering the operating costs. We also included 2 Factor Authentication for an extra layer of security and synchronized the on-premise Active Directory users with the MS 365 users.
- Added antivirus and anti-malware protection for the servers and workstations, and created an on-premise+cloud backup and disaster recovery plan for the mission-critical business infrastructure: Domain Controller, File Server, and ERP Server
- Set up six new Wi-Fi access points to get full coverage throughout the office, including creating a separate secure VLAN for VoIP phones to optimize the network traffic.
- We traced and labeled all cables and devices for faster troubleshooting and upgrades in the future.
LET’S TALK ABOUT HOW YOUR SMB CAN DO BETTER