Training & Apprenticeship Center
A non-profit organization in charge of training and apprenticeships for men and women seeking a career in the Electrical Construction Industry. The organization has a back-office, six trainers, and a computer lab.
Client’s IT problems
- Needed a unified yet segmented system to manage office users, trainers, and the students in the lab
- Outdated network devices and IT infrastructure
- Computers did not have the latest security updates and had no centralized antivirus/anti-malware security
- No on-site or offsite backup and disaster recover plan for the files that were scattered over several servers
- The director, while having the necessary technical skills, did not have the professional expertise to overhaul the entire infrastructure and needed to partner with an inexpensive and flexible IT Partner
- Install a new 2019 Windows Server hypervisor that hosts 3 Virtual Machines: Domain Controller, File Server, and Application VM for the accounting software QuickBooks.
- Create separate Security Groups in the domain controller for the back-office, trainers, and students. The student computers are set up in Active Directory as a separate group with specific privileges to lock down their permission levels without access to the trainers or back-office shared files or printers.
- Install a new SonicWALL firewall to secure and protect the local network against threats. Create a private VPN connection for the back-office users and the trainers to access shared files when working remotely from home or on the road.
- Create a remote maintenance schedule to remotely apply daily updates to the computers and servers. Installed Bitdefender Endpoint Security across the entire organization to ensure none of them are compromised by malware.
- Work closely with the organization’s director to design and implement a cloud + local backup and disaster recovery plan, mirroring the infrastructure in Microsoft Azure.
LET’S TALK ABOUT HOW YOUR SMB CAN DO BETTER